Treadsafe Matting Systems are Ireland’s leading specialist suppliers of Scotias and Skirting.
Naturally solid. These profiles are available in the widest possible variety of wood types, in natural finish or varnished, and as skirtings, flat profiles, L shaped profiles or beads in the standard range. Special shapes can be manufactured by request. Some solid wood skirtings can also be installed quickly and easily with the aid of the well-proven fixing systems – and no unsightly screws on the surface.
Scotias – Solid Wood Profiles
- Profile shapes for every interior decoration application.
- Individual customer requirements can be accommodated.
- Wood in its most natural form.
- Best possible price/performance ratio.
Our solid softwood profiles are offered in the following grades:
- Knot-free grade: Cornice profiles, wallpaper profiles, quarter-round beads, halfround beads, round beads, three-edged profiles, Scotia profiles, L-shaped profiles, and flat profiles in spruce/pine, virtually flawless, in the following lengths: 100 / 3,28, 200 / 6,56 or 240 / 7,9 cm/ft.
- Knotted grade: Flat profiles from pine with small, healed knotting in lengths of 200cm / 6,56ft.
- Knotted grade B: Flat profiles from pine for non-visible applications, e.g., for subframe purposes, in lengths of 200cm / 6,56ft.
- Knot-free grade, finger-jointed: Profiles in a range of geometries in spruce/pine, virtually flawless thanks to finger-jointed rough wood. Lengths: 100 / 3,28, 200 / 6,56 or 240 / 7,9cm/ft.
- Construction wood grade: Flat profiles with four rounded corners (frame wood) from knotted pine in lengths of 240cm/ 7,9ft.
A large assortment of numerous materials allow an optimal matching to nearly every surface of floorings. The surface coating is glued to the profile-carrier with hot melt adhesive.
We offer various foils. For the coating, a melamine/urea formaldehyde resin impregnated
décor paper made of pure cellulose is used.
Here you will find fine-sanded veneers in all possible (and impossible!) woods, with oiled or lacquered surface finish and using various base materials (finger-jointed spruce and MDF).
Paint-on – paintable profiles
The base material for the profile is MDF which is covered with a high quality white foil. This foil leaves the factory already covered with a lacquer coating serving as protection, therefore allowing but not requiring additional treatment.
Shine-pro – Alu-covered profiles
These high quality MDF profiles are coated with an aluminium laminate. The elegant appearance of FN shine-pro profiles is designed for particularly demanding customers.
Specifically for use where particularly high quality is required (for contractors, interior designers and architects), in OSB the industry has evolved a new base material that has a number of major advantages over finger-jointed spruce.
These high-quality trade profiles ensure professional and timesaving installation for professional fitters, contractors, interior designers and other trades.
What marks out these cube-like quality profiles, which are based on a skirting moulding, is first and foremost the fact that they can be used anywhere for any purpose.